The TCD Student Group (TCDsg) was established in May 2008 to provide a platform for direct student participation in TCD program development and decision making.
At the beginning of each year, the student community elects its officers and other representatives who encourage greater student participation in the educational, social, and fundraising events (Spring Taste of the Tropics and Fall Bingo Fundraiser) organized by the group throughout the year.
The TCDsg also organizes Tropilunch and the Conservation and Development Forum (CDF) in which graduate students, professors, and visiting scholars have the opportunity to present their research and engage in discussions revolving around conservation & development issues in the tropics.
- President: Ben Lowe (Master, SNRE)
- Vice-President: Johanna Espin (PhD, Sociology)
- Treasurer: Ana Luiza Violato Espada (PhD, SFRC)
- Secretary: Fall 2017: Vratika Chaudhary (PhD, WEC); Spring 2018: Metia Lembasi (Master, SFRC).
- Tropilunch: Felipe Pinheiro (PhD, SNRE)
For questions and to be added to the group’s Listserv: TCD Student Group email
To learn about current news and events: TCDsg Facebook