TCD CONFERENCE FUNDING
The TCD Program announces a competition for conference funding for TCD students presenting a paper or poster at an academic conference or meeting. The semi-annual competition is held each Fall and Spring semester. Awards of $350 or less will be given each semester. The number of awards to be released depends on availability of funds. TCD Conference Funding is made possible by an endowment from The Ford Foundation and the State of Florida.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the TCD Certificate Program
- The paper/poster topic must fit within the context of advancing biodiversity conservation, sustainable resource use, and human well-being in the tropics, including sub-tropical and temperate areas in developing countries (e.g., southern Africa, southern cone of South America, Greater Himalayan region.)
- Application form
- Abstract of paper or poster.
- Proof of acceptance to the conference or meeting.
- Budget of anticipated costs using the following categories: travel, registration, meals, and miscellaneous.
- A short statement (250 words) of how the presentation/poster matches the goals of the TCD Program. *new*
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019 (Spring)
(applications past the deadline will not be accepted).
Electronic submission required
- Please send documents as single PDF.
- Required documents in the same order as listed above.
343 Grinter Hall