TCD BOOK SCHOLARSHIP
The Tropical onconservation and Development Program (TCD) announces a limited competition to award two merit-based book scholarships of $500 per semester to TCD students who are enrolled in the TCD Certificate Program.
Under Florida statute, section 1009.21 (10)(e), students from Latin America and the Caribbean who receive scholarships from the state or federal government qualify as Florida residents for tuition purposes. The TCD book scholarships will be funded from state and federal sources, thus making the awardees eligible for “in-state” tuition status.
The scholarships will be provided for a maximum of two semesters as long as the student maintains a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) and demonstrates progress towards fulfillment of the requirements for the TCD Certificate.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed and ranked by a committee composed of TCD faculty.
In order to apply for a book scholarship, students must:
- Be admitted or enrolled as a UF student in good standing
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be enrolled in the TCD Certificate Program
- Be an international student from Latin America or the Caribbean
Application Deadline: December 4, 2017 (for Spring & Summer 2018)
The following materials must be included in all application packets:
- A one page statement of purpose summarizing the student’s academic interests and justifying the need for the book scholarship
- One letter of recommendation from the student’s adviser, accompanied by the release form
- UF academic transcript (unofficial copy ok)
Electronic submission required
- Please send documents as single PDF
- Required documents in the same order as listed above
- Recommendation and support letters should be sent directly by email to the contact below.
Patricia D. Sampaio
Tropical Conservation and Development Program
Center for Latin American Studies
University of Florida